Here is a tough one, cloning or restoring a backup to a new drive for a Toshiba M400 returns a BSOD with Stop 0x7B error.
Here is how to fix it.
- Install New Drive into drive bay
- Boot M400 and press Esc
- When prompted “Check system. Then press [F1] key.” press F1, to enter the BIOS
- Use Page Down key to go to the 3rd page and change the Built-in HDD from JBOD to 1RAID-0
- When you save you will be prompted for the top secert code, this is: 1 2 3 4 [enter]
- Save and exit the BIOS
- Complete the system restore/ clone (if cloning from one drive to another, for performance I find it better to take the 2 drives and plug them into 2 SATA ports on another computer and clone there, much faster than an Image or using an external enclosure
A big thanks to the guys here: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Troubleshooting/M400-Restore-Issue/td-p/25211 for their help and input.