I recently gave a 2 hour workshop on how to get started with home recording, titled “Record like a Rock Star”. Here are a number of resources that I recommended to the participants.
Q3HD: Product Site | Buy Online: Amazon.com
Mac Book Pro: Apple
- Avid (Protools, mBox, 003, etc)
- Focusrite ( Saffire series)
- ProTools (avid again)
- Apple’s Logic Express or Logic Pro
- Ableton Live
- Sony Acid Pro
- Mixing with you mind (book). Michael Paul Stavrou (Stav)
- Audio Technology Magazine. http://audiotechnology.com.au
- Guerrilla Guide – Recording & Production.
- Live Sound Mixing. Duncan R Fry (helps to build a basic understanding of sound theory and technology). Amazon.com