This is how I got a backup from a QNAP nas to Zentyal working (I understand that most people probably want to do this the other way around…)
QNAP TS-231 running 4.1.3 Build 20150408
- Setting up rsync on Zentyal: http://howden.net.au/thowden/2012/11/rsync-on-debian/
- Testing rsync on QNAP:
- Open up ‘Backup Station’ App
- Go to ‘Rsync’ under ‘Remote Replication
- Create a new replication job, use the following settings:
- Remote Replication Job Name:
- Remote site:
Name or IP: [IP address of Zentyal box].
Username: [Zentyal Admin User]
Password: [Zentyal Admin Pass]
Port Number: 873
Hopefully the test should run successfully, if you cat /var/log/rsyncd you should see the connection, but it probably fails on finding /var/www/pub folder
- If everything works, go ahead and update the configuration files, and set locations to their final paths
I can’t work out how to get this working over SSH just yet.